Jul 26, 2020
The third phase of the gradual lifting of Covid-19 restrictions starts on Tuesday, July 28, said the Chair of the National Strategic Group on COVID-19 and Head of the Infectious Diseases Division at Hamad Medical Corporation, Dr. Abdullatif Al Khal.
Dr Khal and Dr. Hamad Al Rumaihi, Director of the Health Protection and Communicable Diseases Control Department at MoPH addressed a press conference today evening.
Dr Rumaihi added that in the third stage, gatherings are limited to 10 people in closed spaces and 30 in open spaces.
The other points noted in the press conference are as follows:
- The Ministry of Public Health announces that the date for the third stage of lifting of Covid-19 restrictions in Qatar will be Tuesday, July 28 instead of Saturday, August 1.
- Qatar is one of the countries with large number of tests in relation to the population, which contributed to the early detection of many cases.
- The highest rate of infections in the country was at the end of May, and since then the daily infections recorded are declining.
- Daily figures range from 250 to 400 new cases, mostly among young people
- Most of the people infected last week were in the age group between 25 and 44 years, while the number of people infected in the over 55 years of age group were limited.
- The infection rate among professionals and residents has become stable in the past two weeks.
- We advise everyone to strictly adhere to the precautionary measures during Eid Al-Adha during prayers and when visiting family.
- A noticeable increase in the number of cases of Covid-19 was observed during the 14-day period after the Eid Al-Fitr
- The reason that the curve did not go down significantly in recent times is due to the discovery of more infections among many families. Often the source of infection is family visits and social sessions.
Out of Stock
4-in-1 Heat resistant Silicone Mat
Lantern Bulb String Light
Desktop Remote Control Rack
2 In 1 Spoon Colander - 1pc Stainless Steel
Disposable Toilet Seat Cover 50pcs