In celebration of Hakkasan being the recipient of one MICHELIN star each at Hakkasans in London’s Mayfair and Hanway Place, Dubai, and Abu Dhabi, the modern Cantonese cuisine brand brings a first-of-its-kind dinner series that celebrates this amazing feat. An open-to-the-public, reservations only event, the Hakkasan Executive Chef Dinner Series brings together four executive and head chefs to create a special moment-in-time dinner not to be missed, which will be held at Hakkasan Doha on 7th June, 2023.
The dinner series will include the top Hakkasan chefs from Mayfair and Hanway Place, London, Dubai and Abu Dhabi. These seasoned culinary leaders took inspiration from timeless signature entrees, mixed in their own locality’s flavor and added decades of collective expertise to design a curated Cantonese menu only to be found at Hakkasan. The special four-course menu, with two dishes served per course, represents each of the four Hakkasan culinary masters.
The Hakkasan culinary team involved and their contribution to this collaboration includes the following chefs, who will also be at the helm of the kitchen as they collectively host this unique dinner series per market. The menu includes:
Chef Michael Zhen, Head Chef, Hakkasan Mayfair;
- Dim sum two style with lobster and cheese bean curd wrap, gratin scallop dumpling, spicy curry sauce
- Wild freshwater king prawn salad with sakura cress, pickled purple and orange carrot, plum and sweet chilli dressing
Chef Andrew Lee, Executive Chef, Hakkasan Abu Dhabi
- Supreme snow crab saffron soup, urchin king crab dumpling
- Peking duck duet includes Peking duck with caviar, black truffle roasted duck puff
Chef Andy Toh, Executive Chef, Hakkasan Dubai
- Wok-seared wild John Dory with flying fish roe, selection Kristal caviar, heirloom carrot conflict, carrot broth
- Sauteed seasonal asparagus, seasonal mushroom with fermented black bean, Lao Gan Ma chilli
Chef Keith Lim, Head Chef, Hakkasan Hanway Place
- Braised Wagyu short rib with baby onion, pickled mustard
- Supreme stock ribbon noodle, soft-boiled egg with Nameko mushroom, shaved black truffle
With culinary oversight provided by Executive Chef Andrew Yeo from Tao Group Hospitality’s London culinary team and pastry direction by Chef Romain Cornu, Global Corporate Pastry Chef, Tao Group Hospitality.
In 2022, both Hakkasan Dubai and Hakkasan Abu Dhabi were awarded one MICHELIN Star each in the MICHELIN Guide’s debut in both Middle East markets. Hakkasan Dubai and Hakkasan Abu Dhabi join London’s Hakkasan Hanway Place and Hakkasan Mayfair as MICHELIN Star recipients within the Hakkasan brand. Less than two years after Hakkasan Hanway Place opened, it gained a MICHELIN star, making it the first Chinese restaurant in the United Kingdom to be recognised by the prestigious MICHELIN Guide. When Hakkasan opened in Mayfair in 2012, it went on to be awarded a MICHELIN star less than a year after opening. Both London restaurants have retained their stars to date.
The Executive Chef Dinner Series, featuring chefs from MICHELIN-starred Hakkasan restaurants in Dubai, Abu Dhabi and London, will take place in the month of June in Dubai, Abu Dhabi and Doha, and is open-to-the-public for reservations. Dates and pricing are as follows;Hakkasan Doha at The St.Regis Doha
June 7th – 528QAR per person
To find out more about Hakkasan or to make a reservation please call +974 4446 0170 or online through https://hakkasan.com/doha/reservations/
More information can be found at https://hakkasan.com/doha/
or via Instagram @hakkasandoha.